Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Week 4


So there it is, my first project hanging up nicely on the only hook to be found in my dorm room.

The piece is sharpie marker rendered onto a sheet of 10x8 inch parchment paper, of a pair of seahorses and coral drawn in my own twist on tribal design based off of a photograph taken by myself in August, 2010.  The piece was first sketched in pencil before using stippling and blending to create the effects of the piece in sharpie marker, which in my opinion has bolder colors, blends nicer, and is overall preferred to the more expensive prismacolor markers.  This particular piece focuses on an asymmetrical balance and seeks to use the natural texture of the parchment paper as the negative space, and the color palette is limited to cool colors in the teal, bule, and violet range.  As far as subject, this is the first of my tribal images that did not focus on mammalian or aviary creatures, and I am overall satisfied with the design.

No comments:

Post a Comment