Sunday, October 31, 2010

Week 9








Craft
This piece began on paper as a pencil drawing, with references to a photograph taken in 2010 by myself.  The image was then uploaded into photoshop and the shapes were redone to be the flat black color and better defined fro the original sketch.


Concept
With this piece, I wanted to create a work that not only would work well within my series, but also be still open to any form of manipulation or recreation by another artist for the art collaboration swap.  Additionally, the piece tries out a different use of the tribal style which I use, by instead of isolating the pieces, they are all connected at some small point, though not overlapping.

Composition
When creating the piece, I knew I wanted to keep the image in black in white to contrast all the color images that I have been creating, and to create a design that would wrap around the edges of the piece, and to try and get the eye of the viewer to move from head to tail through the piece without distractions from the backdrop.

No comments:

Post a Comment